hostile work environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the legal sense, a hostile work environment is caused by unwelcome conduct in the workplace, in the form of discriminatory harassment toward one or more employees. Good Luck!

A hostile work environment exists when, and only when, an employee is being subjected to either sexual harassment or illegal discrimination/harassment under Title VII and related laws (race, religion, national origin etc.)

I have been subjected to this while working in a hospital. My co-workers would sing/whistle that classic asian tune from that japanese tv show. They would also talk in an asian accent. It clearly made me uncomfortable. They did it about a dozen times throughout the day. Even my nurse manager joined in with a Pei Wei comment. I just couldn't believe what was happening. It made it difficult for me to do my work and go about my day. It created a hostile work environment. It put a barrier between me and the rest of the unit. They would sit there and jab me all day long and then say, "You aren't being a team player." It was obnoxious and unwarranted behavior that was addressed by a unit-wide investigation.

Scottsdale, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back