Bank says they gave me too much money

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattrfrazier

I withdrew money from my bank for my cash based business. That afternoon I was robbed. The money was never counted in front of me and i never counted the money. the money was handed to me in envelopes. The next day the bank calls, nearly 2 hours later, and says they gave me $2,000 too much. They said the teller made a mistake. I have no way of knowing whether or not they made a mistake because the money was stolen. The bank then froze my account and debit card. They said if i faxed them a copy of the poloce report they would unfreeze my account. I faxed them a copy, but they would not unfreeze my account. Now they are talking about filing a police report. What can i do?

The fact that you didn't count the money when you got back to your business is why they are holding the argument against you - a reasonable person would have done that. Ask them why are they filing a police report against you (in what basis) since it was their employee's mistake and you were just there to withdraw your own money. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back