different rules for different tenants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suki

I own a mobile home. I have a dog. I was bringing groceries into my place from my car, and had my dog on his leash. I didn't realize the leash slipped from my hand, he ran up to a non-park resident, jumped on her and nipped her upper arm. I ran out, grabbed the leash put him inside, went back out to care for her. Appologized, offered to take her to hospital, etc.. Animal Control Officer came out, talked to me, talked to the lady, looked at my rabies cert, said she thought it was just an unfortunate accident, didn't warrant any further action on Animal Controls part. The lady went to the hospital, was checked out, given a clean bill of health, given a tettanus shot for the scratch on her arm.

My dog has never shown any aggression to anyone before. My dog has never run loose in the park or caused any trouble to anyone. I think he was just surprised and grabbed her. AFter his intial nip, he just stood there, no attacking.

Another dog in this park has bitten on multiple occaisions. The park has taken no action. Another dog in the park tried to attack me and others and the landlord was notified but took no action (her friend).

Now I am being told I will have to get rid of my dog or be evicted from my home that I own. Do I have any recourse?

Your dog attacked someone and Landlord feels this proper action. The Landlord is within his rights to do this. i agree its unfair but you have few options available to you.

So the landlord does not have to be fair? A dog that has bitten on multiple occaisions can stay but they can ask mine to go?

That is a fair arguement and one you should take to Landlord. However no he is not required to be fair unless its in direct violation of rental agreement. Consult an Attorney familar with tenant/Landlord dispute see if you have a valid arguement also look at your lease as well see what if any clause covers such issues

Thanks for your time and advise. There are actually three dogs here that have caused problems but been allowed to stay. I will move if I have to, I won't get rid of my dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back