Back injury at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishbishop

I am on work comp due to bad fall at a construction sight, the company is very large, and they violate osha, and put workers lifes at risk everyday, we were around a open hole that was caving way more and more everyday it was open. By labor laws and osha their needed to be a trench box or shoring due to size of hole and soil conditions, I took pictures of bruses and hole. have a attorney for work comp, what i am asking is could I sue the company for violating and risking my life because it was against a labor law and in osha vilation. not having shoring placed or trench box protecting me and caving of hole, I have to bulged discs, having problems with my neck which is causeing migrain headackes weekly, what can I do more then just work comp, is their a law like something vs something that makes me able to sue the company. I will never be able to go back doing what I was doing, this company put workers at life risk everyday, I want to be compansated for my life I cant even mow my yard, or pick up my 10 year old daughter anymore without pain. Please give me some hard core advice, thanks

Have you reported your company for these violations? If not, have the city inspectors come over, check them out and, if they are violators, they will probably warn and fine them. As far as negligence from their part and you wanting to recover damages for what you have been exposed to it is going to be something that you need to discuss with your attorney. You already are getting workman's comp so the fact that you want to add to your case damages because the company is reckless when it comes to the safety of its employees will depend on the type of evidence you can present to make your case. Good Luck!

Do

There are laws that deal with the subject. These laws are broad enough to comprehend and apply in your situation. Better consult your case to an attorney to get the best approach to your case. Do it now.

go

You can sue as long as you have the proper cause of action. Invocation of the law can come later on when proper assessment of your claim are made by your lawyer.

Thank You

Thanks for your info, I will search farther into legal help. I have a work comp attourney, but not sure if he could take this farther or not. Thanks again Bishop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back