accused of stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jofluffy

I am a mobile dog groomer. I've been in business 25 years (5 of which in current location). The maid of one of my best customers (I've been grooming her 2 dogs every week for 5 years) accused me of stealing her watch.

The owner was out of town. I went there Thursday morning. The maid was walking the dogs. I took one from her, groomed it and dropped it off in the kitchen and got the other dog. No one was there, which is not unusual. I brought the other dog back. She was in the kitchen and wrote me a check. I left.

She filed a report with the police on Sunday. I spoke with the police and told them I did not take the watch. I spoke with the maid and told her she better keep looking for it. The police said as far as they are concerned, the case is closed. Not for me! The customer is in a very affluent community. Word of mouth is how I've got every customer in there. The reverse is also true. that one community is over 80% of my business.

I don't know what to do.

Did the police say why they closed it? Have you spoken to the owners?

She did not press charges. I spoke with the owner. She says she finds hard to believe. the maid says the owner is the one who told her to file a report

BTW. I returned many keys and shredded many clint cards w/ garage door opener numbers and notes about open doors when I left my last location. I have NO record.

I am confused...the owner said it was hard to believe? Believe what; that you stole the watch? The owner did not press charges or the maid did not press charges but filed a report?

The owner said she found it hard to believe I would risk my livelyhood for a watch. The maid did not press chages. She just filed a report.

Sounds like you are fine...the owner believes you and that is what matters most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back