Conflict of interest and abuse of power by relative CPS worker

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissonMommy25

PLEASE HELP MY KIDS
Body: deanna"s story......................................................................................
In July 2007 my abusive ex-husband and his wife called our local Department of Family and Children Services and made a false report against me. When DFCS came to our home to investigate the report of abuse and drug use, we informed them of the conflict of interest. My fiance's sister was a case worker for that same DFCS and the aunt to two of my children. According to the GA Dept. of Human Resources guide lines, the case was NOT supposed to be investigated by that county when there was a conflict of interest but instead it was supposed to be sent to another county for investigation. They still investigated even though it was going against the DHR rules. After the illegal investigation, we never saw the case worker again until 08/30/07, my 25th birthday. The case worker came back to our home and told us "due to lack of evidence, and a clean drug screening there WOULD NOT be a case opened" we thought the nightmare was over but little did we know that it was just the beginning. Here is my heart breaking story of how two childless women along with my abusive ex husband were able to team up and use one of the women's abilities as a case worker to conduct an ILLEGAL investigation and take four happy children from a very loving family in order to have them as thier own.
My fiance's sister (the realitive case worker) was able to pull her weight as a case worker and keep the case from being sent to another county, even though it was going against DHR rules. She knew the children would remain with us if the case was sent to another county and her chance at getting her two nephew's would be gone. On 09/04/07 I delivered a healthy 8lb 2oz baby boy. Another drug test was done, me and the baby tested positive for the horrible drug meth. I had NEVER done meth and couldn't understand how this could happen. I later was told by the lead nurse at the drug treatment place that the OTC cold medicine I had been taking was an ingreidient used to make the drug and that was how me and my baby tested positive but it was too late, the damage was done. They took my children on 09/05/07. My baby was healthy and had NO signs of being a "drug baby." I didn't get to bring my baby home. He went with the realitive case worker, along with his older brother. The realitive case worker tried to say the baby went through withdrawls but what she described were very common, normal newborn reflexes. Things anyone who has children would know about. If my baby had withdrawls I'm sure the doctor wouldn't have allowed him to leave the hospital. It makes me sick to know that me and my children have to go through this from OTC cold medicine used to make some stupid drug. The court papers were full of lies to cover up all the steps they had skipped. They even claimed they wasn't aware of the conflict of interest, they claimed they were working with us to keep this from happening (remember the case worker only came to our home for the illegal investigation and again to tell us there was NO case) and they claimed that there WAS a case afterall. They placed two of my kids with my abusive ex husband and his (unable to get pregnant) wife and the other two with the childless realitive case worker. My oldest son has only known his dad and his dad's side of the family since he was 4 years old, he just turned 7. He's been with me and my family since the day he was born. So why did him and the baby go with the realitive case worker? Because the realitive case worker accused my family of making and supplying me with the drugs that I NEVER took. My parents who have seen their grandkids their whole lives haven't seen them at all since 09/05/07 based on lies told by the realitive case worker. Since then I have gone 1-2 months at a time without seeing the two with my ex and on the days I do see them two, I see them at the same time that I see my other two. So, that's 1 hour a week to visit with my four children, who always ask "Mommy, when can I come home? Why can't I see Mema and Papa? They said I can't ever live with you again" I haven't even had the chance to bond with my baby who is almost 8 months old now and thinks the realitive case worker is his mother. I have missed birthdays, and all holidays since sept. I didn't get to see or talk with my children on Christmas, imagine how that felt, not only to me but to them. They are 7, 5, 4, and 7mths. I don't have ANY photos of the two with my ex husband, I don't know about school or things they have been doing everyday. I only have one photo of my baby and none of my oldest (the two with the realitive case worker) but she has lots of new photos of them all over her walls. She doesn't keep us updated on anything. When did my baby roll over? what was his first baby food? what was my oldest son's grade on his first spelling test? Things get worse everytime we go to court. The realitive case worker lies about the visits and everything in-between to keep things from going forward and since she IS a case worker, the court believes her. They finally sent the case to another county but it doesn't matter now. We have done everthing DFCS told us to do but they keep coming up with other stuff to add to it like due to my abusive marriage, I have PTSD and now have to see a thearapist for that before things can go forward. They gave two of my children to the man who caused me to have PTSD and Battered Womens Syndrome. How screwed up is that? I have passed ALL drug screenings and attended parenting and drug classes. DFCS has failed me and my children. They have allowed a childless case worker to lie and use her ability as a case worker to take our children as her own. I miss them and they miss me. I miss seeing them everyday. I miss the hugs, kisses, and the "I love you's" PLEASE SOMEONE LISTEN, HEAR MY CHILDREN, HELP OUR FAMILY. This could be your family, don't let it happen to anyone else. Thanks,
Deanna
478-836-2152
Southernsweetness24@yahoo.com

You need an attorney. One should have been appointed to you.

The court appointed atty I have hasn't been any help. I've asked her if we can do anything to point out all the lies and she said there's nothing we can do. Her number is now disconnected. When you think about it though. A court appointed atty is getting their pay check from the state so why would they go in front of the judge and point out all these things the state is doing wrong and risk their job and income? I know my atty. was supposed to do something when I made that request.

Part of your story doesn't add up...your fiance's sister is not a blood relative so not an aunt or even related to your children. However, it seeems odd that a case worker would be given custody of children for whom she is investigating the mother and secondly she is investigating her brother's fiance? Go to the newspapers with your story. But clear up that first question i asked...this woman is not a relative.

YES, Take a reporter with you on your next visitation. A television crew would be ideal! Bring supporters who know the whole story, and picket the DFCS facility while the reporter are there. Make BIG Signs "SET MY CHILDREN FREE". Publicity will make a difference.

Write your congressman, state legislators, city council members, the mayor, the governor, The local hospital, and doctors. etc.

Get affidavits from anyone who can vouch for your character.
Get affidavits from Doctors regarding the testing methods, and potential innacuracies.

Talk to EVERY pastor in your town! You might be surprised what GOD can do!

Most important, DON'T EVER STOP ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back