General Class Action Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd3rd

Hello,

I am about to submit a claim against a company in Florida, alleging false and misleading advertising and fraud in effecting sales.

Section 6.7 ("Preservation of Private Claims") of their Assurance of Voluntary Compliance with the Florida Attorney General's Office states, "Nothing herein shall be construed as a waiver of any private rights causes of action, or remedies of any private person against Respondent (the company)."

My question: if I am not satisfied with a resolution to my claim once submitted to the Florida AG's office, would I be legally permitted to attempt to bring forth my claim as part of a CLASS ACTION lawsuit in Colorado, where I reside (hoping that it be certified), or would I only be able to seek additional legal redress through an INDIVIDUAL lawsuit? Said a different way, does Section 6.7 above mean that I cannot pursue a CLASS ACTION lawsuit in Colorado?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Todd

Todd, you don't know how difficult a question you have asked.

If you are really worried about it, you need to hire a lawyer who knows about these kinds of cases.

Thanks, seniorjudge. I appreciate your time in answering my question.

Todd
It wasn't much of an answer; but you really do have a question that you need GOOD legal advice on from a lawyer who handles class action suits.

Those things are a world unto themselves!:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back