Forgery in credit card transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_B_Jakati

I live in India.
A person offered me a lifetime membership of the club for Rs.1,45,000/-. This membership could be availed only before the 23rd of Feb. He also told me that their club had a tie-up with ICICI bank, and if I paid the membership amount through my ICICI credit card, I would be paying the amount with 0% interest.
I went to their main office for further details. As my credit limit was only Rs.57,000/-, his manager told me that as they had a tie-up with the bank, they would be increasing my credit limit. They got some paper (which they later called chargesheet) and took an imprint of my credit card on it, asked me to enter Rs.56,000/- as the limit, and took my signature there. All this was done on the pretext of increasing my credit limit. They took all the details of my credit card (on the phone) and asked me to send a scanned copy of my credit card to them, as they had a tie-up with ICICI and were in the process of increasing my credit limit.
I called them up within the next 2-3 days and asked them to cancel the membership, as I would not be able to arrange for the amount. They just said "Ok Madam" and hung up.
Later, I got a mail from ICICI (my Credit Card statement) telling that I needed to pay Rs.11,666/- as EMI. I called up the credit card department and found that a transaction of Rs.56,000/- had been done on my card, from Country Club.
I went to their office, and they showed me the documents they had used for the transaction. They have used the images of my credit card that I had sent in the mail to take a print-out on a sheet, written "I agree to pay Rs.56,000/-" and forged my signature below the approval.
Now when I am asking them the refund, they are saying that I had signed the chargesheet, and this document that has my forged signature (it is a xerox copy) is for their reference, and they can tear it and throw it away.

Kindly let me know any way of getting back my money other than lodging a complaint. I am in very big trouble.
Even if I lodge a complaint against them, I will need that document that says "I agree to pay Rs.56,000/-", which I suppose would be with the bank, as it would not be possible to draw the amount without that. I have contacted the bank for this, but not very sure if I would get the document.

Kindly let me know any way of getting back my money other than lodging a complaint.

Not that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back