Non Profit Swim Team Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

naturale

The team (team A) combined with another team (team B) approx 7 years ago (at which time team A had more swimmers and $4,000). After 7 years the team separated. The team was made up of kids from two Lakes Associations in PA. When the team seperated on Sept 1 (due to one of the Lake Associations making the swim team (team B) a community function in their community) all was thought to be said and done. Team A let team B keep all the equipment and the money was divided on the ratio of kids. Not long after team b now a community function of their association decided there was a misappropriation of funds. They contacted the person who was in charge of the checkbook (from Team A) to get information. All the informtion she had was supplied and team B decided that there was missing money of $1,500.00. Apparently proofed by an accountant and forensic accountant. The bookkeeper from team A asked to see the summary of where the funds were missing and was denied. Because of the type of work she does and the threat of legal and criminal charges, she just paid the money. Now as a member of team A, I have had an accountant look over the records and can't find anymore than a mess up of maybe $150.00 (which could be explained by team B ... possibly). I have asked on several occasions to review the records and have been denied. Even after speaking to the pres of the board of the lake assoc of team B. He agreed to let me review the records if had an account review mine. Now I paid $300 to have this done and he says his board does not agree to it (his board of 9 is only 7 at the moment and 4 are swim parents.) Regardless of the associations involvement at this point, shouldn't we have the right to see the records from the time the team was a whole? Do I have any fire power.......I am getting no where fast with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back