Consumer Law, Warranties Broken Contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akr7181985

My boyfriend and I wanted to purchace a car and the man we were buying it off of created and signed a contract that said if we had a $500.00 deposit he would hold it for us for as long as we wanted. (which was a reasonable amount of time.) so we did the deposit about 3 weeks ago and today we called the man who is selling us the car and told him we would be up this weekend to pick it up. the guy said "ok". My boyfriend said that just the way the man was talking it seemed like he sold the car we were promised, so about 3 hours later he called us with a really lame story that really insults our intelligence, saying the car is not in his possession anymore. he then said he would give us our money back but we really had our hearts set on this car. he broke our contract. what can I do? Should and can I take him to court? This man basically borrowed $500.00 from us. he went back on our contract..now what?

Re: Broken Contract

The man may have violated the option contract.(not the real contract of sale)
Facts may be wanting. Before you make any legal move, confer with a friends who have considerable experience or a lawyer.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back