Condo association issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GENEF888

I skidded and hit the brickwork on my garage feb of 2007. It toook my association months to finally agree that it should be handled by the associations insurance. I received the bill for damages for $2389 and was told I had to pay out of pocket since the deductible was $2500. I requested a copy of the insurance policy repeatedly and finally after 5 months did they supply one to me. It was not the policy for that applied to the time of the incident as requested but it was the one for this current year. The policy states that the deductible is $250 not $2500 as the association had indicated. I agreed to pay the $250 deductible and resolve this matter. I recently received a letter from their attorney stating that they forwarded a copy of my last letter
and the association denied my request to settle this for $250. They are sticking to their claim that it is $2500. I also received a bill for their attorneys legal fees for$300. The longer this goes on it appears something shady is going on. Their denial for 5 months not to give me a insurance policy and then when they do give it to me is is not for the relevant date of the accident.I have the policy they sent me and it clearly states a $250 deductible not $2500. They are trying to pressure me by charging me their legal fees to force me into paying more than I should. If I contact anybody to explain this
confict about the deductible they will continue to charge me legal fees.
The association is basically saying I don't care what the deductible is you will pay me what I tell you to pay me or I will continue charging you attorney fees. Help. I am being bullied and all I want to do is resolve this without being taken advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back