Need Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistyeyedsweeti

My husband is currently fighting his ex-wife in court for custody of his kids. He has been accused of child abuse 5 years ago and he had a protective order against him for the 3 of 5 years. We did not have the money to pay an attorney and she went to court and filed for full custody and child support. They tried to serve him with papers four times through a process server and he never received them. So when the court date came up she got rewarded full custody and for him to pay child support but we didn't know about it till just here recently. She got what she wanted on default because he was not there for court. The law never convicted him of child abuse because they had no evidence that he did it. All they have is pictures and doctors letters where the assume he did it. Well he is innocent and now we are having trouble winning the case and even getting visitation of the kids because all this has happened. It has been five years since he has seen his children and it makes us look bad but we didn't have the money to fight her in court. The really screwed up part is that her new husband is doing paper time for shaking his baby so hard his son got a blood clot in his head when he was married to his ex-wife. He admitted that he did it and he is living with my stepchildren which makes me very nervous and scared for them. Me and my husband have made a very big mistake though and i am trying to find out if there is anything we can do and need advice on the law of bigamy and how to fight it. The deal is that me and my husband got married before the 6 months was over after his and his ex-wifes divorce was out. I was only 17 at the time and i had no concept of that part of the law and didn't even think about it and now his ex-wifes attorney is going to push it.

PLEASE HELP. WHAT DO WE DO?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back