short term disability negligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

robming1

My wife during the month of January stated to her human resources dept. that she would be using her short term disability (STD) before she went on maternity leave (April 1). On Friday March 14 her doctor took her out of work on the 18th of March due to pregnancy complications instead of the previously stated 1st of April.
While my wife maintained constant communications with her H.R. department they constantly failed to deliver any results.
On March 17th she contacted H.R. to confirm they received all necessary paperwork from her doctor so they were able to pass this information to the STD department. H.R. confirmed.
On March 21st my wife received a letter from the disability benefits examiner in which was stated "we are currently unable to process your claim because you have not yet ceased work." (Meaning they were never notified of my wife's early departure from work.)
March 25th we called H.R. to report this. This resulted in H.R. assuring us that they would get it settled and call us back by the end of the day. We never received that phone call. I tried at 1 o'clock today March 26th to contact H.R. I left a message and they have yet to call me back. I am getting aggravated with their lack of help or work at all.
We live and work in Boston, MA. Is there anything we can do?

Yes. Be a little patient. It's by no means impossible, given the time frame you've discussed,that things are crossing in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back