how many calls per day before considered harassment? Fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaerosmithchic

I've been receiving numerous calls from an unknown (that is what comes up on caller Id) when I answer there is 'dead air' and they hang up they call between 8-8 which leads me to believe its a collection agency. At first it was 2-3 calls a day but its worse. Yesterday (Easter Sunday) they called 9 times in 5 hours. Is there a limit before considered harassment? I've contacted my phone company and they are working on finding out who it is. Also dont they have to say who they are? Any help appreciated

An answering machine will solve all your problems.

and how will that solve my problems? even with one (and i don't have a landphone) they will continue to call, many times a day (and if I was to do that to someone it would be harrassment). I don't know who they are, it's coming up "unknown" on my caller ID, and when I don't call and let it go to my voicemail they don't leave a message and will even call right back, twice today i had two calls in less then 2 minutes!! I want the calls to stop, I pay my bills and if I did miss a payment they they need to tell me who they are and not just be quiet on the other end and then hang right up so I can take care of it. so no, answering machine will not solve my problem.

Since you have no idea who is making the calls, then, as I suggested, let the answering machine (or voicemail) take the messages.

Whoever it is will soon tire of calling.

SOUNDS like a solicitor with an auto dialer. They come up unknown and sometimes 800 numbers. This happened to me a long time ago on a land line and I thought it might be a bill collector too. It could be--but in my case it was solicitors. Keep having your cell phone co investigate because if it is then they could be sued in small claims court, I think. Seniorjudge could tell you about that but I believe it is illegal for solicitors to call cell phones and certainly on Easter etc. Check out ftc.gov. Also there is the Fair Credit Collections Act--which gives rules that collectors must follow about calling people. People sue in small claims and I've seen some briefs posted on the net. Hitting their pocketbook is the only way to make them stop. Do some research and good luck. lj114

i was finally able to get a phone number when these people called my parents (at 8 AM On sat) and disclosed information that they can not by law. Needless to say a complaint has been filed with the FTC and will be informing them that they have violated the law and dont be surprised if they get hit with a lawsuit.

you should buy the teleZapper that connect to your phone and just zap them if you think they are telemarketing. its works for me..
most telephone company will changes your tel # same as the mobile phone company for free if you tell them you do not know who those people are and you are getting tired of it, they will changes it to keep your service.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back