parent in school in child visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm1024

My BOYFRIEND who I am living with and have a daughter with is fixing to start school in April. In the divorce decree, it states that he is supposed to have them for two weeks out of each month in the summer. Now how will that work if he is going to school at night from 6-10 PM (Monday thru Thursday) and possibly could be working during the day. His job is on a contract basis so he does not always work everyday.

Should she have to come pick them up before he goes to school? There are only two of them and mind you the youngest one cries for his mother or father if his father is not there and it is frustrating especially since I have a little one of my own. Plus, they are always fighting and since I am not their mother and he and I are not married (he is my boyfriend) I don't know what rights I actually have.

Even when the children have told their mother they don't want to come over here because daddy never spends time with them. Then before I had our baby in September I told them that I wanted them to know from their dad and I (just dad didn't want to tell them and had me do it) that if they don't want to come over occasionally after she is born then they shouldn't be forced to. The oldest one was shocked and asked "...you mean we don't have to come over here if we don't want to". I told them that because I know that having a new baby in the family the other children don't get as much attention as they should for the first couple of months. I told him they shouldn't be forced to. Sometimes they will stay with her on the weekends and other times she has told them she needs 'mommy time' and calls every morning and every night. There have been times she is crying to them or makes them cry then when they get off the phone with her they are crying, you ask them what is wrong and they tell you they miss their mommy and want to go home. They will even tell her "...mommy, I want to come home". And she doesn't do anything. I think that is wrong if you ask me.

I am just wanting to know how all this works when he starts school. Am I supposed to feel like a babysitter and let these kids argue with me when it is time to go to bed?

let bf deal with his kids

. since I am not their mother and he and I are not married (he is my boyfriend) I don't know what rights I actually have

you are a legal stranger with no rights to your bf's kids at all.even after you and your bf marry you still will have no rights.let your bf deal with the issues concerning his kids, legally its none of your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back