Dispute with Cable Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysqurl

Ok, first of all I am not sure of which forum I should post this, so I apologize if it should go somewhere else...

NOW my problem. I have been a customer of my cable company in Hawaii for almost 3 years now and most of that 3 years I have been on an autopay system. I am a really busy professional, with a child and a lot of other volunteer and non-profit projects so I have neglected to check my statement in detail every month.

Today I was curious as to why the bill was so much and went back and checked my bill and found that there were some charges made for Adult Movies and I know that I didn't order them since they were all ordered while both my husband and I were at work. When I called the cable company they told me that the only way that the charges could be made was by using my pin number at the box when the program was ordered (a pin number that my husband doesn't even know what it is). The supervisor told me that we have to use that number to order a program whether it is an Adult program or a G-rated program, and we have ordered pay-per-view movies before, maybe a year ago or something but we have never used a pin number.

Moving on, the supervisor told me that he would be unable to give me any credit because the program played and was ordered from my box. I am very upset over this, there are over $100 worth of charges for adult movies that I DID NOT order and can prove that both my husband and I was at work during the time that the programs were ordered, but I am still expected to pay for them... is there anything that I can do?? (Other than just disconnect the service)

Thanks in advance for your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back