Fraud in Guardianship Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerdisanne

My sister went to court in 2002 and obtained guardianship of my niece who is now 15. She will be 16 in July. No one knew that she had done this.

I recently learned that she forged my signature and my brother's signature on a waiver of notice to appear document and submitted them both
in the guardianship hearing. With this document submitted I am assuming there was an incorrect assumption that I was not interested in pursuing guardianship and that we approved of my sister obtaining guardianship. NOTHING COULD BE FUTHER FROM TRUTH!

My sister, is an excellent caregiver but is extremely abusive and controlling. My niece did not and does not want to live with her. She is 15, almost 16 and lives in Ohio. My niece's mother (deceased), my younger sister died of breast Cancer and was adamant that my middle sister, Yolanda, never have guardianship of her daughter. My niece, Lauren has been living with her for 11/2 years now. She has denied me visitation. I live almost 200 miles away. Prior to her assuming guardianship. My mother had guardianship (Lauren lived with her grandmother) and I never had any problems. I wanted guardianship but my attorney tells me that it will be extremely difficult given the excellent care that my niece is receiving educationally and financially. Lauren is being emotionall abused and she is afraid of my sister.
My sister knows this and there is a well documented history of my sister's abuse.

And what is your legal question for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back