Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Re-entering US from Canada (US Citizen) - will warrants show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whistler543

I have a few arrest warrants (3?) throughout the country (statewide bench warrants from unpaid traffic tickets) in states I no longer lived in, so I hadn't taken care of the court appearances. I have been in Canada for 5 months now, and I am coming back to the US. Nothing has come up before when I have crossed the border, but they may not have looked. If the border patrol runs my name, will my warrants (I think just statewide warrants, and not in the state into which I will be crossing) get me in trouble?

I also want to take care of these tickets sooner or later, what's the best way to do this?

Q: Nothing has come up before when I have crossed the border, but they may not have looked. If the border patrol runs my name, will my warrants (I think just statewide warrants, and not in the state into which I will be crossing) get me in trouble?

A: It is possible.

Q: I also want to take care of these tickets sooner or later, what's the best way to do this?

A: Surrender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back