I need Help From The School System

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendweb

To Whom It May Concern

I was always under the impression that it was the responsibility of the parents and community to get involved and make the schools a better place.

Well for me that has been a real problem lately.

I got involved and now I am being accused of a federal crime.

Let's start from the beginning, I am a parent of a child in High School now but have been involved in the school system ever since my child started school as I believed you should look over the shoulder of the school system as it is a place where your child spends a large portion of his or her time.

The people in the school system have a direct influence on our kids and I believe they should be people of the up most integrity as role models.

I have served as booster club president on two school booster clubs and I have served on the parent advisory committee for 2 years now with the high school.

My problems started when I started pointing out things that I felt were not as they should be in the public school system.

I have been a volunteer coach for many years now and have served my community in many ways to help our kids of the community.

Recently it was told to me by our high school principal that my services as a volunteer coach were no longer needed and that I was unable to coach anymore.

This stems from a couple of issues that I felt were wrong in our school system and keep trying to get someone to look at and address.

The issues I made the principal aware of were

1st Issue

Our school was in need of many repairs as well as the kids complained of roaches.
The tax payers had voted on a bond package in 2001 for what I believed to be to be

used for repairs and improvements of the school.
Our school used its $100,000.00 to help build a field house and I believed that
money would better benefit all the kids if used for general repairs and other things

around the school. I thought that since the tax payers all paid for the bond money that

all the kids should benefit from that money. It was later pointed out to me that the

bond package included a $100,000.00 portion to be used for athletics in anyway
they wanted. I did not remember that being spelled out when we voted but I was

told it was drawn up that way.

2nd Issue

I sit on the parent advisory committee as the school facility member.
I was invited to participate in a ½ day summit at our local collage that included many

representatives of the school district departments to pow wow and get input on what

we could do to improve our schools. I thought the Summit was a great thing and I was

excited to be part of it. After the Summit was over we were advised that follow up

would be done and I never heard anything else about it.
I sent 2 e-mails to our Superintendent office asking what if anything was the next
steep in follow up and moving forward with our ideas.

I did not receive back any response. I was again ask to be on this years parent advisory

committee and our 1st meeting was to be held at one of the local high schools.
I attended that meeting and listen to how again it was important for the parents to be

involved and how it was the parents responsibility to be involved. When the Super

open the floor for questions I ask why if it was so important for the parents to be

why was I not responded to about the Summit and why was my time wasted?
The Superintendent said he would look into and get back to me as to why my

follow up was not done, again I am still waiting for that response.

3rd Issue

My son has played baseball ever since he was 5 years old and he really loves the

game but last year he came to me and informed me he would not be playing varsity

baseball and I ask him why. He said he would not dress up like a girl and I ask him

what he was talking about. He informed me that it was a tradition at our high school

that the underclass men dress like girls and serve the upper class pizza at a local pizza

place with the head coach and Athletic Director there. I told my son that was hazzing

and was not allowed to be done in school or off school grounds. You must understand

my child is very particular about how he dresses and is a jock from the word go.
I took the matter to the principal and made him aware of the situation and he said

he would look into it. The principal came back and said he spoke to the coach and

that the coach informed him that they probable would not be doing that anymore.
Nothing was done to the coach who was also the Athletic Director and the situation

was let go at that. Now if this would have been a student doing this the punishment

is suspension or even expulsion but with staff it appears nothing was to be done.

I believe that the Athletic Director knowing and participating in this situation should

have been punished or even released as if he was able to get away with breaking the

rules how did that look to our Athletes?

4th Issue

The school system has ever since I have been involved as the parents to get involved

We have been shown time and time again how we are short on money and many

have been encouraged to go out and ask for donations.
I have been Booster Club president for two of our schools booster clubs and both

times have been in meetings where we have been ask to go out and ask for donations

In our school board meeting notes many times students and schools have been

highlighted for going out and collecting donations for various organizations as well

as the schools needs itself.
As I stated before I was part of the coaching staff for football and saw that many

needs of the Athletes was not going to be funded as the school just did not have

the money. I being taught as I was by the school sent out an e-mail to the many

business in the area a letter asking them to donate money to our school, this e-mail

ask them from me as a personal favor and I signed it with my name and my company

name. I also presented the business with a appreciation logo of their business on a

website about the football team that my company had put together for the football

team. This website was run by myself and the school principal knew of the website

and had even participated in posting on the website.

The website is www.jackets-football.com

Ok so this is where I am now.

The school system is now trying to accuse me of wire fraud for asking local business owners to donate money to our school.

Even though the money was sent directly to the school and I have never seen or touched any donations made out to the school they say I mis represented myself.

I never ask under the name of coach creed and I did not send the e-mail out with any mention of representation of being a employee of the school

I signed my letter as Lindel Creed and ended it with my company name and company phone number. I also put in the e-mail that this was a personal favor I was asking on my behalf.

This is an attack on me by use of the systems resources to get me to back off the issues I mentioned of they will use the systems resources to bring me down.

I am unclear when it was made ok for the school to bring the power of the federal government resources to act on a law abiding citizen trying to help his child's education and success rate in life.

It is clear I committed no fraud and not one business has steeped up and complained or accused me of any such action.

The school system is using its resources to bully me into submission of letting the above issues go and do not bring to light the hazing issue.

The school system knows I can not afford to pay for a high price lawyer to defend me in a federal case but has at its resources the entire federal system to at least bring charges against me and make me defend myself causing me to go bankrupt to do so.

I do not believe the school should be able to manipulate the system against its own citizens that pay for the very system it is using against them in this way.

I believe the use of the system in this case is a clear case of bullying and mis use of our system by the system.

Lindel

Dear Lindel

If you clearly state what you just posted, and if your argument is not dishonest, then you will most likely win in court, as you are clearly not the one who stepped over the line. You should look into having the school compensate you for any court expenditures as well as for the time and tribulation spent dealing with this abuse.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back