Introduce evidence to an assault case

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgmac

Recently, I was the victim of a 3rd degree misdemeanor assault. The attacker was arrested. Despite the fact that he could not produce any identification to the investigating officers, other than a current address and a phone number, he was released on personal recognizance. Two days later, he moved from his only known residence. The police have no further information on this individual.
My wife and neighbors took pictures and collected witness statements. None of these were collected by the Police. They said just hang on to this stuff in case the guy goes to trial. Assuming that the attacker has not skipped permanently, how can we have this information added to the case file? Or are we allowed to do this at all?
We do not want to see this individual plea bargain down to something lesser because an assistant DA doesn't have enough information.

Thanks for any information

If he miss's court, there will be a warrent issued for him.

You can copy everything and give it to the prosecutor, he or she will determin if it will be used or not. That's the best you can do on the criminal part.
The other is keep it for a civil action.

Thank you,
I appreciate the information. I'm going to call the District Attorney' s office on Monday and offer all the evidence we've collected. I now understand, if they can use it they will, but, at least, they have it to consider.
Hey, that's all I can ask.
Thanks again.

Thank you,
I appreciate the information. I'm going to call the District Attorney' s office on Monday and offer all the evidence we've collected. I now understand, if they can use it they will, but, at least, they have it to consider.
Hey, that's all I can ask.
Thanks again.

Anytime. The prosecutor filters the evidence. If you have alot he/she can use, it will make their job that much easier. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back