Time Sheets Being Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynter_Reign

I worked 51 hours last week and after I turned in my time sheet, the supervisor came to me and said our manager wanted me to change the time. She explained that they were only willing to pay me for 47 hours. I refused yet my paycheck was obviously much less than 51 hours. We have direct deposit working for a credit union and check stubs are not supplied.

Another supervisor whispered that changing time sheets is a regular practice. Isn't that breaking the labor law?

I worked 51 hours last week and after I turned in my time sheet, the supervisor came to me and said our manager wanted me to change the time. She explained that they were only willing to pay me for 47 hours. I refused yet my paycheck was obviously much less than 51 hours. We have direct deposit working for a credit union and check stubs are not supplied.

Another supervisor whispered that changing time sheets is a regular practice. Isn't that breaking the labor law?

Maybe the other four hours of overtime was just for experience?? LOL

They owe you the money. YOu need to start your own time log. YOu could certainly photo copy that timesheet.

When you get enough built up in overtime, you can file for an overtime wage claim. They owe you the money, you earned it.

While no labor law specifically prohibits changing time sheets (and it is not illegal to do so per se) the law does require that you be paid for all time worked. You can file a complaint with your state DOL for the unpaid time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back