Dealership sold vehicle with salvaged title

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrangler1980

I bought the vehicle in Washington.

I purchased a used vehicle in 2005 from a large dealership for the approximate Kelly Blue Book value. I recently attempted to use the vehicle as a trade-in and learned that the title showed the vehicle as salavaged. At no time was I ever made aware of the title status during the purchase. I contacted the dealership and they stated that it must have been a mistake and they would "make me happy." The manager stated that they bought the vehicle from an auction, who guaranteed that the title was clean. The manager ran the vin and told us that it did show as salvaged.

The manager wants to sell me another vehicle and use the orginal vehicle as a trade-in with the full trade-in value. Is this a acceptable or fair settlement? I did pay interest for two 1/2 years on a loan that would have not been nearly as high if I would have paid the actual value salavaged title value orginally. In addition, I had to pay 3k for a new transmission that the mechanic told me was caused by a recent faulty repair job. Obviously, at the time I did not know the faulty repair job could have been caused by a crash (reason for the salvaged title). Basically, do I have a right and the leverage to ask for more?

Wow, I think that the dealership made a mistake and they would like the oppertunity to fix it. I think that if you were to do a carfax on the next car before you buy it and posibilly take it to a mechanic and let him check it out before you buy it. And its probably not going to help too much but you can get them to come a little off of the new car or whatever but at the auction they have to mark it on the car if it has a salvage title or frame damage so it might have been known if they got it at auction that your car had a salvaged title. I don't think that anything could be done unless you wanted to take them to court and try your luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back