Consumer Law, Warranties Please Help Me!!! Consumer being sued!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebqbell

Hi There,

I live in Virginia and hired a company to install a new boiler for my home. The verbal quote was $7100.00. The job took 4-5 days longer than they had quoted. After the job was complete, the company did not provide me with a written bill, but called and stated the supplies and labor was way more than expected. Still, without a written bill, he wanted more than $3500.00 additionally. I refused to pay due to the verbal contract, and sent a notarized letter stating such. I have paid $7000.00 of what was owed. Now, I have received 2 letters from their lawyer stating I owed $3500.00 plus interest, legal fees, etc.

I am very scared. I have an incredibly great credit score and have always paid bills timely. I can't afford to lose my house or my credit score, but I don't know what my legal rights are. How far can this go? What can they do? My boyfriend is insisting that I fight this, but if it is going to cost $6000. because of $3500. or jeopardize my home, credit, or job I don't think it is worth it.

What rights do I have? What should I do?

Thanks,

Rebqbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back