Paypal Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohhbearr

Hello,
Hopefully this is a simple quick question. I am wanting to sue the buyer in this case in small claims court based on the buyer seller contract that the buyer broke.
I (the seller) sold ski tickets to the buyer that were issued in his name. They could not be refunded due to date restrictions and the personalization of the tickets. The buyer was sent the invoice through Paypal with no refunds stated on the invoice. The buyer paid the invoice through Paypal, I issued the ticket and sent them, requesting signature receipt. 2 days after item was mailed buyer asked for cancellation and proceeded to file with Paypal that he did not receive item. He refused delivery of item and the expired, personalized tickets were returned to me . Paypal refunded the money to the buyer because he did not receive item, which is somewhat true but that was due to the lack of willingness on the buyers end. Now I'm out $2000.

So question is, can I sue the buyer for breaking a contract that he entered the moment that he paid the invoice and the moment that the tickets were mailed? And if I can sue the buyer in small claims court, do I have to do it in NJ where the buyer is located or in TX where I, the seller, is located? And if I file in small claims in NJ I can file up to $3000 which will also cover travel if I must, correct? What I know about business law is that a verbal commitment or written commitment to purchase something becomes a legal binding contract as long as all terms are met.

Thank You,
Eric

Q: So question is, can I sue the buyer for breaking a contract that he entered the moment that he paid the invoice and the moment that the tickets were mailed?

A: Anyone may sue anybody for anything at any time anywhere.

Q: And if I can sue the buyer in small claims court, do I have to do it in NJ where the buyer is located or in TX where I, the seller, is located?

A: NJ.

Q: And if I file in small claims in NJ I can file up to $3000 which will also cover travel if I must, correct?

A: No; those are collateral damages; not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back