Sad...may have to ask 18yr old to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge538

Live in Arkansas.

18yr old son has terrible mood swings and has hurt his mother in the past and threatened she and I in terrible ways. Has destroyed an $1900.00 laptop computer, punched holes in walls, etc, etc. He is going to college now and has failed two of his four classes. Not trying to do what he needs to do...missing classes, etc.

What are my rights as a parent in having him move out and on his own?

No help my friend.

Thanks, but your reply doesn't answer my question really.
What are my rights? How do I make my son move out of my home and on his own?

Tell him he has 30 days to leave or you are changing the locks. If he destroys any more property then file a police report and a restraining order. That is the legal way.

As long as the age of majority is 18 in Arkansas, you should be able to force him out.

The Question is: HOW !

Hello Folks,

I'm in a similar position but mine is 22 and it is his (selfish) mother who is destroying HIM ! (by enabling him to fail, at anything!) So, being like most young kids, he is taking the path of least resistance: No job, he just wants to sit, alone, in his room and play video games 24/7.

For his benefit, for his future, I must try to force him out on his own. He must learn how to survive because sooner or later we won't be around... (That old line is still so true: the 2 things one cannot escape: taxes and ...)

So there are 2 of us here that would like PROPER ANSWERS, not foolish statements that mindlessly restate the obvious ! :no:

So far, the best I've gotten here in NY City from a day's worth of phone calls to city agencies etc... is...
Go to housing court and get him evicted !

So, anyone here have any better ideas on HOW, Thats right, HOW to get these kids out on their own ? And it has to be a solution that does NOT leave a black mark on their record that will interfere with getting a future life that they will enjoy and be happy living !
---
Larry19
answers: $2
real answers $10
real answers that work: priceless ! :dgrin

PS: Flames are neither answers nor solutions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back