Fair Trade Laws - honoring price quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EKnight

I would appreciate help with this matter, and thank you in advance.
Question: What does the law say about retail vendors honoring quoted prices? Is it not true that they are obligated to sell you a product at the price they quoted to you, regardless of whether it was an error? I was recently quoted a price for a product @ $24.50 for an 16 oz. bottle, even though their Website listed an 8 oz. bottle for $24.50. I wrote them inquiring about whether or not they also sold the 16 oz. bottle. They replied with a "yes, we indeed do have the 16 oz. pump bottle, for $24.50." Are they obligated to sell me this product for $24.50 ea., without limit to the number, if they do, indeed, carry this item in this size? I believe I am correct, but I want to be sure before I write back to them. Admittedly, I am a little more than miffed with them for various reasons having to do with their service and handling of my transaction and emails. This likely error is just another thing about which I am irritated.
Thanks again.

Q: Are they obligated to sell me this product for $24.50 ea., without limit to the number, if they do, indeed, carry this item in this size?

A: Of course not; whatever gave you that idea?

I got that idea because I know there are laws fair trade laws to honor ADVERTISED prices... And, the fair trade laws say that errors are no excuse. I read it online @ a Website that cited the Fair Trade laws, and then had little remarks posted explaining things for the lay person. I had hoped, however, that I would not have to spend more time looking for the specific things that would answer my question about individually, person-to-person quoted prices

Cite the statute you are relying on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back