My fianci was sentenced yesterday (1/8/08) for violation of probation. His original charge was Criminal Trespass-Entering a Structure. He was originally sentenced to 11 1/2 -23 months with 1 year probation, which he served in total approximately 19-20 months of. He violated the probation for not reporting and was picked up. The judge that he appeared before for the violation hearing was not his back judge. The judge sentenced him to another 11 1/2-23 month sentence with no credit for time served, no earned time, no early parole and 6 YEARS of probation.

The courts did inform him that he is entitled to appeal the decision or also request a reconsideration of the sentence. I am not sure which is the best way to handle this situation.

Any help????