Trademark Publishing Race Photos For Profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragNut349

Hi:

I'm torn between posting this here & on the Copyright, Trademark, Patent forum... :confused:

Anyway, here is my dilemma:

I recently attended a drag race hosted by the NHRA for which I paid for reserved seats etc. :)
During this 3-day event, I took over 1000 digital pictures with my camera with the intention of eventually publishing them and producing merchandise from my images for profit. Intentions are to sell on both eBay & my own site.
My pictures include drivers, crew members, side-by-side race shots, and individual race cars...

So, here's the question:
Can I use those pictures as I so please (for profit), up to & not limited to publishing them in various forms AND producing items for sale such as calendars/screen-savers/mugs/T-shirts etc., WITHOUT risking getting in 'hot water' legally with the sanctioning body &/or the race teams and their sponsors?

The event was held in Virginia, and I have photos from 2006 & 2007.
I've looked on the ticket stub (from Ticket-Master) for where it specifically says anything about the NHRA having any rights to my pictures, and it does not.

Since my local lawyers (small town) don't have a clue about this issue, your advice would be greatly appreciated...

HAPPY NEW-YEAR!

Best regards,
DragNut349 :nuts

Do you have permission from the sponsors of the event?

If not, then you are out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back