unemployment & substandard working conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenb8684

Ok ive worked at this restraunt as a assistant manager in U.S.A, Michigan (pizza place) for about 16 months and ive been made to feel like ive been, well screwed And heres why.

1: No breaks (We work are shifts by are self) in 5-10 hour shifts

2: Have to hold it in if we gotta go to the bathroom as nobodys there to allow us to go (Gotta wait for a clearing in customers and this can take awile at times being a restaurant).

3: When are General manager gets mad at us he dont verbaly confront us on it in majority cases. Rather he just try's to make us mad or try's to get us to quit (wich ever his goal might be) by not doing any prep. Thus leaving us totaly screwed if we get busy at all. Like the other day he found out i had siad something about him. I made a comment that i felt i could do his job better than him to a friend. Well when i came in my next cheduled shift there was next to no dough preped up. I had 1 tray of are 18 ouce dough ball's enough for 6 pizza's.
Granted we can make dough very easly (takes about 1 hour) but it should sit in the cooler for several hour's (Best results if over night) to be stretchable for slapping out pizza's.

4: Cheduled to work but told to stay home the night before, Then called into work after being told to stay home.
Then in trouble for being late, but i thought i was to stay home so i wasnt prepared to go to work (slept in & didnt get the call).

Over several mothns of these situatons i finaly came to my breaking point and quit. Wouldnt this be considered substandard working conditions Quilifing me for unemployment?

Only the state can tell you that. No one here could give you more than a guess. My guess is no.

Ok, Thanks for your time and reply. Ive filed for unimployment but im playing the waiting game, 6-8 weeks. I hope to get a call for work somewhere/anywhere before then, But if not ill be back with a awnser.
Thanks again, It was worth a try in asking. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back