Contract Law problem. Only 15 yet facing a huge problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

minsin

Hey guys, I'm only 15 years onld yet this 19 year old guy is trying to take me to court for something I dont even understand.

First of all, I was trying to buy shoes from this forum and I made an agreement with this guy for 200$ shoes and I'll trade him an iphone (worth 400$).
I agreed that I'll meet him up on a certain date and on that date, I lost my iphone, so I asked him to cancel the deal because I lost it. Then a couple of weeks later, I found my iphone and I decided it was a bad idea to trade with that guy in the first place, so I sold it to someone else for 380$.
He contacted me and he told me he'll be filing a complaint for violating the contract, but if I send him 100$ in money order, he won't do it because he feels bad for me or something. My question is, should I go to court for this if I have a chance of winning? Or should I just pay him the 100$ and get this over with?
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

P.S. the agreement was done eletronically.

Hey guys, I'm only 15 years onld yet this 19 year old guy is trying to take me to court for something I dont even understand.

First of all, I was trying to buy shoes from this forum and I made an agreement with this guy for 200$ shoes and I'll trade him an iphone (worth 400$).
I agreed that I'll meet him up on a certain date and on that date, I lost my iphone, so I asked him to cancel the deal because I lost it. Then a couple of weeks later, I found my iphone and I decided it was a bad idea to trade with that guy in the first place, so I sold it to someone else for 380$.
He contacted me and he told me he'll be filing a complaint for violating the contract, but if I send him 100$ in money order, he won't do it because he feels bad for me or something. My question is, should I go to court for this if I have a chance of winning? Or should I just pay him the 100$ and get this over with?
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

P.S. the agreement was done eletronically.

First thing you need to find out is if you're old enough to be bound by a contract. You may not be.

Look up your states laws online, look under contracts and see if you have to be a certain age.

Sounds more like he's just trying to get you for a hundered bucks. LOL, I woould't worry to much until you get served papers, which I don't see happening. But, like I said, you will need to find out the age laws on contracts in your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back