Stopping Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackalec

Can I have the court order marriage counseling and not grant the divorce my wife is asking for? I have only been married 8 months and my wife has been pressured by her family to divorce. I have not been allowed an opportunity to reconcile and and the grounds for the divorce state irreconcilable differences. I do not want to divorce and I want the opportunity to make it work. I'm hoping the court can give orders for her to try to reconcile. If she doesn't I'll walk away, but I would like to fight the dicorce from happening. What are my options?

Depending on what state you are in, you likely cannot fight it. You cannot force someone to stay married to you. I think you need to reconsider this relationship as you are only 8 months into the marriage and she already wants out.

My intentions is not to force her to stay married if she does not want to, my intentions is to try to get her to marriage counseling. Its outside influence and financial problems that has caused our divorce, not a lack of love. We also have a child together and I beleive we owe it to her. Again my questions is can I stop the divorce to recommend counseling from the court if there is a chance of reconciliation? My state is Texas.

The court will not make her attempt reconciliation with you, nor order her to mariage counseling. I understand you have a child with her, and still have feelings for your wife, but the best thing you can do is be there for your daughter. If your wife really wants this divorce instaed of a legal sepperation then don't fight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back