Is Child Mine? Help me please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

helprob

I divorced my first wife in 1999 and had relations with a woman I met in central Florida. She claimed I got her pregnant in 2000 but refused to allow me paternity testing to prove it and refused me to have any contact with the child. The child does not have my last name and on the birth certificate she listed father as unknown. I had been fighting for custody of my son from my first marriage and finally won a few years ago. I am now trying once again to tackle this very difficult issue of verifying paternity so I can have visitation and support the child if it is mine. Prior to me entering my current marriage, the woman contacted all of my future In-law's saying I had a child with her and she wanted me to sign over all parental rights to her new husband. I refused to sign over any rights to a child which I did not even know was mine or not. She then disapeared into the woodwork again and I have yet to find her location. I have found her husbands work and have attempted to communicate with him but he had determined that I have no right to the child since she is now 7 years old. He said he is the father and for me to go take a hike. Of course the arguement I get is why have I not had anything to do with the child, yet nobody will let me have anything to do with the child. The only thing I have been asked to do is sign over my rights without knowing if I am truely the father. The reason I left the mother was because of her mental instability and violent ourbursts.

Her new husband hung up on me today and has refused to give me any information. I only want to do what is in the best interest of the child and feel that she deserves to know her REAL father if that is me, and her grandparents and step brother. I do not have the financial resources to persue this after 7 years of fighting for custody of my son. But I can not allow this child to grow up thinking her real father wanted nothing to do with her. The mother and child live on the east coast of Florida and I live on the west coast of Florida with my new wife and my son. I have NEVER been in any trouble with the law and am a God fearing Christian who only wants to do the right thing. I WANT TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT if the child is mine. I want to have visitation if the child is mine. Yet I am denied this by the mother and her new husband. I will not give up on this and will dedicate all of my mental and financial resources to DO THE RIGHT THING.

Is there anybody who can help me. I have gone through this before and am willing to represent myself this go round. I have God on my side so I know that the right thing will prevail in the end. I do not know what my first step needs to be since they are refusing to communicate with me in the best interest of the child. I know I need to serve them papers, but I don't know for sure what address they reside at. I know where the husband works and can contact him via phone, but he has no interest in helping and only desires to hinder my progress in this matter.

I think I need to get a DNA test done first, then ask for visitation and child support to be set up. In all honesty, I'm afraid of the kind of environment this child is being raised in after the scary experience I had with her mother. And then having the new husband tell me that it's in the childs best interest to never know her real father is scary also. What advice can anybody give me for a starting point. Besides giving another attorney thousands upon thousands of dollars I do not have. I'm still paying down the debt I ran up fighting for my son.

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter I appreciate anything anybody can do to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back