Posting nude pictures of ex on the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolguy22

I live in Arizona and can't really find any clear answer on this. I don't want to make money off of the pictures but I think I should be able to post them as I wish since they are mine and were obtained with her consent and while she was of age. I don't care if she posts pictures of me which she said she would, but she said she'll sue me if I post hers (her uncle is an attorney lol). Am I in legal trouble if I were to do this??

You are okay unless you use them to derive any form of revenue or compensation without her consent. So using them in personal settings or site is fine......

But ... Why????

Doesn't that seem just a little bit childish to you?

- Carl

Honestly, this makes me furious.

What possible benefit, other than to humiliate her, can you possibly derive from posting these pictures?

Since she probably gave them to you for personal use and she's not a public figure, she may be able to sue for intent to humilate, loss of reputation, emotional distress, etc.

I live in Arizona and can't really find any clear answer on this. I don't want to make money off of the pictures but I think I should be able to post them as I wish since they are mine and were obtained with her consent and while she was of age. I don't care if she posts pictures of me which she said she would, but she said she'll sue me if I post hers (her uncle is an attorney lol). Am I in legal trouble if I were to do this??

And why do you think these pictures are yours?

And why do you think these pictures are yours?

Good question. There is also one about other issues you may raise, e.g. rights of publicity and to use someone's likeness. These are very well known by residents of the state of California which enacted legislation to deal with publicity rights of celebrities and extends beyond just that category of people. We haven't even talked about other laws that may exist which could get you in trouble. There are also the terms of use to deal with at your site or hosting provider. If there is no compelling reason to post the nude photos, you're just asking for more trouble than it's worth and I'm sure her uncle would force you to at least spend money to hire an attorney to deal with the mess you've raised. Consider that last point as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back