Wrong VIN Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

spierc

My signed contract to purchase a new vehicle reflects the wrong VIN number. Can I demand that vehicle?

Does it also mix the type, model and color of vehicle? If not then you can't demand it just because a typo. Who knows, you can take your chances but it would probably fail.

The year, model and color are all the same; the only difference between the vehicles is 2wd vs. 4wd. I test drove and have quotes on both vehicles. Every signed document has the wrong VIN number - purchase contract, financing agreement, DMV registration & title paperwork.

Wow, I think it boils down to your moral believe.........It is not your fault but I must admit, legally you have a good fighting chance. It is your call......I would be as confused as you on what to do........tempting....Do the right thing or take your chances. You have a shot!

The same thing is happening to me right now. All of my papers had the wrong VIN number on them when I bought the car. The dealership noticed the mistake after about a month and called me to verify. They never mentioned a problem. Now my extended warranty still has the old VIN number on it and I can not get maintanence done to my car. They dealership is being very slow to fix the problem. It has almost been a month. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

You have to be patient and work with them.........they are always very slow........too much bureaucracy. Given them another month before accessing other options.

I have a question... I bought a car from a local used car dealership the contract has the wrong vin number on it. the vin I have on my contract is for another car similar to the one i bought. I paid a down payment and 3 months payments what should I do?

I have a question... I bought a car from a local used car dealership the contract has the wrong vin number on it. the vin I have on my contract is for another car similar to the one i bought. I paid a down payment and 3 months payments what should I do?

Go back to the dealership and request they fix the problem.

purchased a used car a week ago , the vin number has a typo, the lender is calling for the correct vin.. no loan approved yet.. they want me to sign new contract.. can i just give them the car back.

I bought a car 1955 about six months never checked old title vin number doesn't match with car body vin number previous owner also never made the transfer now am trying to sell the car what is the correct thing to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back