Failure to use due care and caution

Status
Not open for further replies.

yetcurt

Yesterday, I was caught in a snow storm (white out) on I-75 north between St. Ignace and Sault Ste Marie, Michigan. Two tanker trucks were stopped, one in the left lane and one in the right. I couldn't stop in time and smashed into the back of one of them. I was given the ticket above. I understand I could have slowed down my vehicle even slower during this storm but I never figured I would run into a wall of trucks blocking both lanes. I feel it's unfair for me to get a ticket because unless I would have been going about 5mph, I wouldn't have been able to stop in time. It would have been dangerous for me to go that slow too. Also, I don't believe the truckers got a ticket. Any advise would be appreciated.

It seems to me the ticket was warranted. You were not in control of your vehicle. The tanker trucks have just as much right to the road as you do. They are not expected to allow an escape route for you since you were not controlling your vehicle. Why should the truckers get a ticket? They were in control of their vehicles and apparantly did nothing wrong here.

You should have been driving slower or not driving at all, or you possibly had really bad tires on your car.

Complain all you want but its not the truckers fault you got into an accident. " I never figured I would run into a wall of trucks blocking both lanes"-nobody foresees an accident, they just happen and you obviously weren't prepared.

If I'm understanding you right, if a person (or these trucks) runs into a white out or heavy snow storm. It's alright if they stop their vehicle in a moving lane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back