Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwater

First I would like to thank anyone who is able to help me in this trying time.

I recently resigned from the company I worked for due to pay issues. My paycheck for September 15th bounced and I was charged a large amount of NSF Fees. I didn't end up getting that pay reimbursed to me until October 27th and of course the fees weren't included. Then I got another paycheck on November 2nd. (October 1st Pay) and not another one until November 21st (October 15th pay). I worked until November 17th before I resigned so I am still missing the pays from November 1st and November 15th plus all the NSF Fees I was charged. I do not believe the company intends to pay me these past wages.

Is there anything I can do other than filing with the Department Of Labor? Also, I have a lot of the companies equipment at my house from when we shut down one of our centers that I agreed to store for them. The company is sending movers to come pick it up at the end of this week. Do I have the right to hold it until I am paid?

I'm not quite sure why no one is responding but it may be because of the way I posted. Sorry if that was incorrect.

There was no written agreement between the company and myself to store their equipment for them. They are supposed to come pick it up tomorrow or Friday. I do not want to release it to them if I do not have too in hopes that they will pay me the wages and fees they owe me. Am I required to by law?

Also because of the time it took to get my pay as well as the fact that my first check bounced and a lot of my payments didn't get made, it negatively affected my credit. Do I have any recourse legally? I am in Pennsylvania.

I didn't see your question until now - sorry.

The storage and the pay are two different questions. No, you cannot hold their equipment.

But you can file a complaint with the DLI or file in small claims court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back