Can I start a lawsuit against a state agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba3017

Hello,

Let me start here first, back in Jan. of 2000 lets say a friend was in court battling against 2 serious felony charges. 1 - kidnapping / 2 - sexual assault. This friend had been removed from my job in the Marine Corps so that the Corps would not get a black eye while I was going through this fight. This friend was told that if charges were dropped or beat I could re-enter. After sitting in a county jail for 9 months we went to court. This friend's lawyer made a deal to have charges dropped and for me to plead no contest to a charge of crime against nature since this friend did state that this friend had oral and annal sex with this woman. The max for this charge was 4 to 5 months. Since this friend had been in jail for more than 9 months the judge released this friend and grant this friend back his rights. In 2003 in US Supreme Court rule crime against nature charge were unconstitutional.

Now is how we get to the real question at hand.
A few weeks ago this friend had an accident in his home. This friend's firearm fell out of his holster and his son was struck. When the Detectives ran his back ground they found that he was convicted of 2 First Degree class A/B Felonies and under Az law now just pick up 3rd strike.
But this is not the case, because the FBI record is wrong. This friend has proof from the court clerk showing this. Now he understand the reason why for the past 7 years he has been living a total nightmare. From being denied back into his beloved Marine Corps, denied from joining private security firms hire to protecting persons in Iraq, turned down from many jobs he was very qualified for, and even being denied to enter Canada to spend time with friends there all do to someone placing the wrong information on his record. Now with the world's police and enter poll his name is on a watch list. This friend has been living the life of a convicted felon when these charges were dropped.
So what can this friend do about that besides letting them correct the error?
[/CENTER]

Let me start here first, back in Jan. of 2000 lets say a friend was in court battling against 2 serious felony charges. 1 - kidnapping / 2 - sexual assault.
First, stop the attempt at claiming this was a friend - you mixed up "I" and "friend" throughout the post. So, just 'fess up - this "friend" is really YOU.

So what can this friend do about that besides letting them correct the error?
So ... has your lawyer had anything to say about this? Are you facing any NEW charges after all? Or, are you just upset because the record has dogged you?

So, what charges are you currently going to court on?

If all you are concerned about is the record, then you contact the state agency responsible for maintaining criminal records and you have it corrected. Suing them is not likely a realistic option, and may not even be possible.

- Carl

Last edited:
OK

1st - I tried to redirect this from me because I know in so case many who could give direction on what I can do will not. By placing this in an open question it allows other to enter into this questioning

2nd - I have lived this for way to long and yes, all past records show that all past charges were dropped. Also the charges even here in AZ are being drop do to there was no crime because records are wrong.

3rd - Lets change shoes shoes, see how you would like to be known as a sexual predator and a monster, when every piece of proof shows you to be innocent. The only thing I was guilty of was omitting that I had sexual acts with this woman and refusing to pay her after when see demanded money. Which then I would have been guilty of a crime. If I had not been demanding a lawyer and drunk when I was arrested, I think the officer would have handled this case better, yah right! Now because while being interviewed I stated, we had oral and anal relations I am now what? A monster! Every part of that case was a joke. My lawyer did a pretty good job with that. I was not going to trust a group of 12 people that lived near a military base and had not been in service to decide my fate so we took the only crime that was there and walked. I was not aware that sexual acts were against the law and so I took my punishment for that.

4th - If your personal records, which allows you your freedom is incorrect and you could not find out until you got into an accident how would you feel?, and if credit companies can be held to pay fines then why not government agents or employees whom can't just say it was a typo.
My current lawyer gave me some places to look into this matter and this includes this site. I can see he feels just as I do about this matter. He is a real Professional. Why would an attorney take a case that is not his area of knowledge or his specialty, won't that make him as bad as many non professional people that give the industry the black eye it already has. I quest that's why on M/D he is AV rated. My first lawyer in 2000 has past on(he died) and my new lawyer is here in Az which anyone that knows a little a bit on law knows that he may not know the laws of North Carolina and how often this happens. There are some AV rated lawyers whom have offered to get some dust started. I just want to get a measurement of what I can really expect.
Thank you for your time!

Ok

OK

1st - I tried to redirect this from me because I know in so case many who could give direction on what I can do will not. By placing this in an open question it allows other to enter into this questioning

2nd - I have lived this for way to long and yes, all past records show that all past charges were dropped. Also the charges even here in AZ are being drop do to there was no crime because records are wrong.

3rd - Lets change shoes shoes, see how you would like to be known as a sexual predator and a monster, when every piece of proof shows you to be innocent. The only thing I was guilty of was omitting that I had sexual acts with this woman and refusing to pay her after when see demanded money. Which then I would have been guilty of a crime. If I had not been demanding a lawyer and drunk when I was arrested, I think the officer would have handled this case better, yah right! Now because while being interviewed I stated, we had oral and anal relations I am now what? A monster! Every part of that case was a joke. My lawyer did a pretty good job with that. I was not going to trust a group of 12 people that lived near a military base and had not been in service to decide my fate so we took the only crime that was there and walked. I was not aware that sexual acts were against the law and so I took my punishment for that.

4th - If your personal records, which allows you your freedom is incorrect and you could not find out until you got into an accident how would you feel?, and if credit companies can be held to pay fines then why not government agents or employees whom can't just say it was a typo.
My current lawyer gave me some places to look into this matter and this includes this site. I can see he feels just as I do about this matter. He is a real Professional. Why would an attorney take a case that is not his area of knowledge or his specialty, won't that make him as bad as many non professional people that give the industry the black eye it already has. I quest that's why on M/D he is AV rated. My first lawyer in 2000 has past on(he died) and my new lawyer is here in Az which anyone that knows a little a bit on law knows that he may not know the laws of North Carolina and how often this happens. There are some AV rated lawyers whom have offered to get some dust started. I just want to get a measurement of what I can really expect.
Thank you for your time!

1st - I tried to redirect this from me because I know in so case many who could give direction on what I can do will not.
Had you been a little more careful in your first and third person structure, you might have been able to let the charade stand ... as it was ...

You can find out information on how to check your record in AZ HERE.

If this record began in NC than you will have to consult an attorney there to find out how to clear this mess up.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back