Not Enough Income

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackspratt

I think there is an arrest warrant out for me for failing to keep up with child support payments. I will loose my job if it becomes known that I have been arrested. And I may loose it if my commission checks are garnished.

I have a job that pays a commission on sales, no benefits, no wages, and no salary. The income is not enough to cover child support payments, and I am seriously behind in payments (over $8,000). I barely have enough money for rent, bus fare, and a few groceries.

Is jail or suicide the only option for me in this situation? I have no money for an attorney to represent me in court and I have borrowed so much from my family that I just have no where else to turn for help. If I am picked up, I have no chance for bail because I have no assets, or anyone who can commit for me.

Last edited:
You need to either:

find a job that pays more, or get a second job so that you can keep up or

file a reduction for child support. Go to your state's child support website to inquite about a reduction. If you can prove you dp not make what income they based it at you may have a chance, but when the child support amount was orig entered, if you did not dispute it, why didn't you disagree with it then? I do not know how much you are ordered to pay but if you are underemployed and unable to keep up with bills, that may not be anyones fault but your own.

You will continue to get into deeper and deeper toruble unless you start paying, and file for an adjustment. You might want to google your states CS guidelines and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back