failure to yield to a pedestrian

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilpearl73

While visiting Atlanta, I ended up in a car accident. I was sitting at the corner, ready to make a right hand turn. I was looking left, waiting for the light to change and cars to stop coming. The crosswalk began flashing, and I didn't see any more cars. I slowly stepped on the gas (wasn't sure where I was going). As I did, I looked forward and saw a woman in front of my car. Actually, she was at the left end corner of my car. I stopped the car. I had probably only moved a half foot. The woman yelled something like "hey", turned and looked at me and slapped both of her hands on the car. She then sat on the ground, off to the left of the car, and at least a foot away. She was holding her left leg. I immediately got out of the car. All this happened within 5 -10 seconds. The light for me to turn was now green, so I stood out there while I was talking to 911, so the lady would not get hit.
My problem is this. First, after thinking about it non-stop, I know I did not hit the woman. Second, the police did not write down my statement, and instead wrote that I said I hit her. Third, I do not live in Atlanta, but was told I have to go to court. An solutions to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back