Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication public intoxication ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellowire

To whom it may concern,

I was out drinking in Illinois and some of my friends left me at the bar at which I was drinking at and I had to walk home extremely intoxicated from the bar. I was picked up on a public roadway for Public Intoxication by the Round Lake Heights police department. I spent the night in Jail and was released without paying bond (I think I was released by signing something...was really drunk). The officer wrote the offense on my ticket as "the defendant was knowingly and unlawfully on a public roadway while intoxicated". I was curious if I should contact a lawyer in my area for this minor of a crime? I was also curious what kind of charge this would be for this type of crime (felony or misdemeanor and what class)? Also what do you think the judge will sentence me with (do you think it would be reasonable for me to request court supervision?//what kind of fine am I looking at?)? Will this determine whether or not an employer will hire me in the future? Also would this charge be on file at the state and federal level or just with the city?

Thank you so much for your help

It is a misdemeanor. It might be considered by some employers but is not the type which generally can stop you from getting a job…..unless you have other bad stuff on record. This is quite minor and happens even to good guys. It is just a state charge not federal………. You would probably be eligible to get differed adjudication (if first time offense) ………. This would dismiss the charge at the end. It might require a class too…..different counties and states have different rules…… Just get a lawyer to ensure the best possible outcome so as to keep you with an acceptable deal employers would have no problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back