Illegal Search and Seizure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

logicalconfusio

Im 22, and live in a small town of abot 6500 people. There happens to be 2 of the 3 bars in town, right across the street from my apartment. Recently I noticed throughout the night, there would be either usually be a a plane clothed individual but sometimes a city cop or sherriffs deputy in uniform go through the parking lot and the parking spaces around the building. While walking around all the cars, they would leave a dot about 2 to 3 inches around on the front and rear bumper of each car. (They also dotted cars at a party they crashed that I was at recently. When they had everyone cornered and were looking at ID's(everyone was 21+), officers were going around the cars marking them.) It looks like they use a circular sponge and purple or blue paint that washes off with water and a little scrub. They have tagged my car a few times since I sometimes park on the street. It washes off no problem. The question is, Is this entrapment, or is this legal. Ive seen cars pulled over at night that have these marks, so its obvious.

It's not entrapment & it's probably legal, might depend on your State.

Consider this - it's still a developing legal area, but current state of law in most states allows Law Enforcement to put a concealed GPS tracking device on your car without your knowledge & in some states without a warrant - as long as it's not permanently attached (they use strong magnets) & not wired to your car's electrical system (they use batteries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back