Hired but never called back to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

t440

I reached a verbal agreement with a company to start work for them as a assistant manager for $46,000 per year. I had to come back the next day to meet the manager to make sure our personalities clicked. We talked and he said he was looking forward to me coming on board and he said the two guys that interviewed me talked very highly of me. The manager told me that i could bring in some people for staffing if i wanted. Then I waited for my call for my start date and never received a call. Left several messages for the personal person from company that hired me and no response back.

The other question i have may be more morale then anything. This company is going to over hire by 20 people knowing they are going to let people go and I think that is not right. People quit jobs and have families to think of and not play games with companies. I was just wondering is that legal to over hire on purpose with the intentions of firing people during 90 probation period?

There is no law prohibiting it so yes, it is legal. It would be nice of them to tell the employees that the position is only going to be short term but it does not violate the law if they do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back