Any additional information or contact information would be gratly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

droopydrizzle

I have been having quite an issue lately, and it seems that no one is willing to listen to me. I hope someone will reply. You see, I am 21 years old, and I have a one a half year old child. I am a responsible father, a hardworking, intelligient, law-abiding youngman, trying to be a good role-model for my son, and build a healthy relationship with his mother, who I have been with for six years now. I love my son and his mother, but I have one huge problem. MY girlfirnd's mother, the grandmother of my son, absolutely loathes me. She has baaned me from her property, threatened my personal safety, sworn at me and my child, made threatening gestures at my car as I drive by, and much more. To make it worse, she is the janitor at the village municipal building in the village of East Syracuse, NY, the village where she resides. Henceforth, she is friends with all the police officers, and village officials in the town, where we all live. Now I am a peaceful man, and I have tried to resolve these issues in any way possible, but reason simply is not realistic with this woman. SHe can, will, and has done anything in her power to spite me, some of it outright dispicable. For instance, when her daughter and son came to spend the weekend with me, she called the police, and told them I had kidnapped her. MInd you, she is 21, and had told her mom where she was going, and had not even been gone for an hour when the police showed up with 2 detectives at my home to investigate. OF course they realized they were wasting their time an hour later after making a spectacle of me in my apartment building, and ruining my day. That was bad, but it gets worse. The next week, I awoke to a child protection worker at my door twlling me she had already talked to my girlfriends mother ad brother, and they had gien her reason to believe that there was abuse to both my child and his mother in my residence. Now my child is the most beautiful, happy, healthy baby boy you will ever meet, and of course, 3 weeks later, I received a letter in the mail telling me this, and thankfully, the case was closed. Now not only was it embarassing to be visited by such an organization, but it really can take an emotional toll on someone to know they try so hard, only to have someone think they are not a good father. But even worse, is when this system is abused, simply to spite someone, as it has to me. NOw by this point I was angered, and so was my girlfriend. She moved in with me, for fear of what her mother might do. That week, was when again I was harassed while driving by her mother. I decided it was time to go to the police, because the baby is so young, to have people swearing and screaming in his presence is not acceptable to me as a father. THis is the real clincher. Upon explaining the course of events to the East Syracuse police officer, I was told that he had to refuse to take my statement, because due to the fact that she was an employee there, he could not be put in the situation to take a statemnt on her that could lead to an arrest. He said he could not take a statment on an employee, even though she was the damn toilet cleaner. I was then told I could wait for a sheriff to take my statement, but it would be awhile. I agreed to wait. Immediately, the officer shut the office door, and got on the phone. Not ten minutes later, my girlfriends mother walked in the doors of the village office, and went upstairs. The sheriff did not come for another hour, and when he did come, he told me he could do nothing but record the event, and ask the perpitrator to stop, but he did not even ask her name, nor bother to write it down when i told him. Now I am not completely familiar with all aspects of the law, but I am almost sure that my rights were violated in this matter, and I feel as if I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. No one will listen to me, perhaps because I am a young man, or perhaps because I do not clean toilets at the local police station. I would like to know if there is anything that I can do to either report the wrong that is being done within this corrupt police force, or if at least there is something I can file to ensure this harassment will end. I attempted to file for an order of protection for my 1 and a half year old son in family court, as that is one thing the sheriff i spoke with told me i could do, due to the fact that she was threatening the safety of my child at times. Upon doing so however, I was told by the female judge that unless any physical harm had been done to the child, she could not within the restraints of the law grant him an order of protection. I understand this, but i find it horrible to think that harm must come to someone before the law can "legally" step in. Anyways if anyone reaaly takes the time to read this mess, I would greatly appreciate any advice, contact information, specific information in regards to righs of mine that may have been violated, or anything else that i might find helpful in my endeavors to raise my child without his grandmother making our life as a family a livling hell. Thank you again.

Todd Bailey
2541 James st. apt. 4
Syracuse NY

droopydrizzle@verizon.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back