Contract as part of purchase offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbong

I recently purchased a house . My purchase offer was subject to a contract to repair the property. The contract was between the seller and a private contractor. Though I knew the scope of the contract (which was to repair a foundation, repalace steps accessing the front of the house and build a retaining wall adjacent to the re[paired foundation.) I was notified in the morning that a long delayed closing was to take place that afternoon . I live 90 miles away from the property and had to vacate my residence that evening which prevented a personal walkthrough. My RE agent did a walkthrough in my behalf. After taking possession, I noticed that several of the material items in the contract between seller and contractor had been changed . I requested and received a copy of the entire contract between seller and contractor and discovcered 2 major problems in the execution contract. One, 2' by 4' steps leading from the road to the house had been changed to a sloping concrete walk that will become treacherous in snow and ice. Secondly, a retaining wall adjacent to the foundation repair was unfinished and allowed erosion to accumulate at a basement entrance and enter the basement. Do I have recourse against either the local contractor or seller (who lives in another state) for damages or to abide by the terms of the existing contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back