Ask a Legal Question

Thanks

Complaint Against Probation Officer.

Can anyone tell where I would file a Complaint Against a Probation Officer and with whome, also does anyone know where I would be able to find out what a Probation Officers code of conduct/guide lines are.... Thanks.

2. Super Moderator Honorable Scholar

Thanks
    If you wish to file a complaint against anyone, start with the person's boss.
    Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.

Ben Franklin

Thanks
    This might be a Stupid Question but who would her boss be, who is in charge of Probation Officers....

Registered User Learned Colleague

Thanks
    Check with their reception for supervisors and conflict resolution personnel or counselors.....Talk to them for advice. Different counties and states have different procedures....But most have an available system in place. Make sure it is for a really good reasons were the officer is unreasonable beyond a reasonable doubt. If not just hang in there............this could hurt your probation report if you don’t come out on top.

Moderator Learned Scholar

Thanks
    Check with the officwe and ask to speak to the Probation Officer's supervisor.

What exactly is he or she doing that you think is unfair? Mind you, P.O.'s have a LOT of leeway and flexibility, and chances are that your complaint is not going to hold too much water. But, you never know.

Here is a link to the Multnomah County probation office:

http://www.co.multnomah.or.us/dcj/supervision.shtml

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Supervisor

"Make mine a mocha ...
    And a croissant!"