Sneaky Condo Association Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMarine6173

Our condo association president is trying to implement a back-door 40% due raise the 1st of the yr. No one has officially been told this and no association meeting has been schedule between now and th 1st of the yr to discuss and vote on this. The vice leaked this info out to one of the neighbors and now I want to know what pre-emptvie action can be done? He somehow was able to implement a raise less than a yr ago when the majority of people/proxies voted it down. Is it legal for him to institute a due raise without a vote and against the majority? how was the last due raise implemented when the majority voted it down?? What can I/we do to stop this unilater dues raise the 1st of the year? Can a special election be held to throw this guy out? Thank you.

What do the CCRs say in answer to your questions?

Forgive my ignorance, what is a CCR? I'm assuming it means condo residents?I f so, we vote no and they do what they want to do. There has to be some kind of civil recourse in this. I need to read the by-laws very closely.

Forgive my ignorance, but i'm not sure what a CCR is? All I know is the pres somehow got a dues raise when it was voted down and now he is trying to raise it again without a meeting/discussion/vote. how is this possible in any governing body????

You bought the place and agreed that the place is governed by covenants and restrictions.

What do they say about your questions?

They govern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back