New wife wants to sue ex-wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsKris

The ex-wife creates situations of manipulation, mental games and uneasiness. My husband and I want to live a normal life with my step-daughter but the ex-wife won't seem to let that happen. I feel like the ex-wife uses my step-daughter as a manipulation tool, it causes problems, and we never seem to have peace. For instance, with clothes, the ex-wife demands the daughter to take off shoes or clothes that my husband and I buy for her and she can only wear the shoes or clothes the mother buys. Also, my husband and I feel like we can't get close to my step-daughter because the ex-wife tells her she can't, or she isn't allowed to tell us she loves us, she isn't allowed to call me stepmom, and so on. The ex-wife is always looking for things negative and even got a parent coordinator involved in the communication process with my husband. Before the parent coordinator, the ex-wife emailed my husband all the time which seemed to only create more problems. Is there anyway or any grounds to stop this behavior.

MsKris, I am in the same boat with you, but my husband's ex-wife is more vicious in her actions. She's actually called & threatened me and refuses to let my husband see his son. I have a 3 year restraining order on her, and my husband is taking her back to court for contempt charges. It sounds like your hubby's ex is playing mind games without really doing anything illegal. Is she complying with visitation & other orders in the support papers? Is so, there's not much that you can do. My husband has a stipulation in his support order that neither parent shall degrade each other in front of the child, or they will face contempt charges. You may want to ask your husband to formally change the order to include that. The main issue is your stepdaughter - continue to love her, buy her clothes, etc. She will begin to see who's the most stable of the group. As far as the ex, you're going to have to grow a thicker skin and just ignore her. Another thing - my hubby buys me something pretty every time we have a run-in with the ex - you might want to pass that along to your husband! Good luck!

Your husband needs to grow a backbone to her and keep her at arms length.

If I were you, stop communicating with her. This is between dad and mom.

so you really cannot stop the behavior without going to court.

Dad needs to document everything but he cannot drag mom into court over every petty thing.

Does he see the child on his visitation days? Who actually has custody?

Honestly, stop playing the games and refuse to stoop to mom's level.

do not let her interfere with you and dad's relationship with the child.

Don't send the items you buy the girl home with her, keep them at your house. Have her put on the clothes she came with to go home in. This will help keep the chiild from being in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back