old tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychodrama311

so i got two tickets in 1998 in california. unfortunately life wasn't working to well for me at that point in time so i moved to oregon and basically became a public transportation expert. i'm wondering two things. is there a statue of limitations on traffic tickets? and if there is not.. how would i go about finding how much i would owe?

Originally posted by psychodrama311:
so i got two tickets in 1998 in california. unfortunately life wasn't working to well for me at that point in time so i moved to oregon and basically became a public transportation expert. i'm wondering two things. is there a statue of limitations on traffic tickets? and if there is not.. how would i go about finding how much i would owe?
My understanding is that there isn't. I've read many articles on states trying to pursue old parking tickets.

Originally posted by psychodrama311:

Ther is no statute of limitations on speeding ticket fines. You need to go to the Oregon DMV and request a copy of your Motor Vehicle Report. If the tickets have been reported there is a good chance that your license has been suspended and there is a warrant out for your arrest. The record should indicate which court issued the warrant and you will need to contact them. then you will need to contact the CA DMV and get your license reinstated even though you now have an Oregon drivers license.

If there is nothing on your MVR then the speeding tickets may have gotten lost in the system. This doesn't mean that they may not show up at a later date.

Re: Re: old tickets

Good distinction as to parking versus traffic tickets. Let us know what you find out.

Originally posted by lwpat
Ther is no statute of limitations on speeding ticket fines. You need to go to the Oregon DMV and request a copy of your Motor Vehicle Report. If the tickets have been reported there is a good chance that your license has been suspended and there is a warrant out for your arrest. The record should indicate which court issued the warrant and you will need to contact them. then you will need to contact the CA DMV and get your license reinstated even though you now have an Oregon drivers license.

If there is nothing on your MVR then the speeding tickets may have gotten lost in the system. This doesn't mean that they may not show up at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back