Wedding videographer breach of contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noice1983

I entered into a contract with a wedding video company that stated I would pay $750 for a video of our wedding. The videographer was required to be there at 9:30 and stay until 4:30. On the day of the wedding he did not show up but another person from the company came at 11:00! She sad that she recived a call at 10:00 that the vidographer was sick.

They missed the entire wedding ceremony.

She said little else to us all day and continued to shoot video of the reception.
She stayed until around six and took video of pretty much nothing of any importance.

A few days later while my husband and I were on our honeymoon, my mother called the company, they were very rude said that "the cermony was only 15 minutes long anyway" and they could just put the photos on the video for us to make up for them missing the wedding.

When we went to talk to him about breaking the contract and leaving us with no video of the ceremony, they wanted the full price. And there were no photos on the video.

We said we didn't think that it was worth the full rpice because they missed the part that was most important to us. He said he would give us our money back but he would keep the video. I didnt think that was fair either, they did have a contract with us.

When we said that we thought a video of the reception was worth $100 to us he said no, you can have it for $550.

$550 for a wedding video with no wedding!!! I belive this is unexceptable.

Could we sue the company for breach of contract and have any chance of keeping the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back