22 year old and a 17 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsdave

Hello all

My son has confronted me with a problem. He has very strong feelings for somebody he met via some sort of internet chat room, it may have been myspace too I am uncertain. Anyways, they talk on the phone for hours and instant message each other and mail each other back and forth. (We all know this could be a hoax as the internet can be a dangerous place but if we can safely assume all this is real because it seems my son and this girl do)

I am proud my son to have found someone he really cares about however she is 17 and my son is 22 years old, but I fear he may be in trouble with the law. She is from California and plans on visiting a friend in Indiana during thanksgiving break. During that time she wanted to see my son and come out to Chicago.

I was wondering what they could do together during her visit. I am sorry but I am not too familiar with these laws. I looked up somewhere saying that the age is 17 in IL. I strongly belive my son will have not sexual time, but I am sure they will hug real tight seeing each other for the first time. I am sure they may also cuddle if they watch a movie and most likely kiss.

I have a lot of questions and I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

I was wondering if any sort of action like this (hug, kissing) is forbidden in the state of IL. I also would like to know if she is ok with it could he get in any trouble such as if she makes the first move?

If kissing is troublesome, and they actually do kiss, and then when she turns 18 they are still together but lets say she turns 19 and they break up. If kissing a minor is a serious offense, lets say she wants to go after him as to what happened when she was a minor, would my son get in trouble?

There is some sort of consent law for being 17 I found in IL, can someone please elaborate and would it be ok for my son.

Any finally one other question. I was trying to google this morning see if there was any legal way they can possibly be together at this time in their life in IL. I was looking up something and found something called a "Romeo and Juliet" love. The way my son is talking it seems like this sort of love and if they are truly in love would they be able to be together without and trouble.

I appreciate all of you who have taken the time to read this and an early thank you very much to all your responses.

Marcy

I again thank you in advance and I know nobody is above the law, not even my son, so even if it is bad news you bear I will let him know. I anxiously await what the law states and tips on how to try and make this work for my son and his friend

thanks

Scam....

Tell sonny boy to back off.:no:

thank you senior judge.

can you copy and paste a website where i can get some more research in regards to the rule and regulations regarding this. so i can tell him..

thanks a million. it most likely is a scam. i would like to show him information regarding this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back